Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes (including resting)
Serves: 8 – 10
- 2.2kg top loin pork roast – boneless
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup – 30-40 grams Emmental cheese, shredded (about 1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 slices of Prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese and sage. Stand roast on end and insert thin-bladed knife down center of loin to make a 5cm opening all the way through. Use your fingers to force the slit into a long 1-inch-diameter hole. Pack the bread crumb mixture into the hole, working from both ends of roast.
- Season roast on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place roast, fat side up, on work surface. Arrange prosciutto slices across top of roast. Tie with kitchen twine at 3 to 5cm intervals.
- Place in shallow roasting pan, prosciutto side up, and roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 70 degrees Celsius.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Remove twine. Slice roast and arrange on serving platter.
- Serve drizzled with any pan juices.
Nutritional information – approx:
- Calories: 290 calories
- Protein: 34 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Sodium: 320 milligrams
- Cholesterol: 100 milligrams
- Saturated Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 4 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams