By wine Specialist Ron Forrestal
- A great wine list must first and foremost complement the chef’s food and be a good representation of the style and cuisine of the restaurant.
- It should have options for many different types of wine drinkers, both in terms of price point and style.
- It must be presented clearly and so it’s easy to navigate for the guest, the use of colour here is very important.
- The wine list must be offered to all customers on arrival to ensure you maximise the sales.
- It must feature wines that are craft products and are made by wineries that are dedicated and love their business.
- A price point that ensures your margin is maintained yet your customers feel they get value for money.
Plassey Food is delighted to present our new Portfolio of wines for 2016.
With over 20 years’ experience in the wine trade Ron Forrestal has sourced a range of wines for us with three main focuses, top quality wines, value for money and wines not available in retail.
In business we believe personal service and developing relationships are vital to survival. We are dedicated to providing only the best wines delivered in full, at a time that suits you.
From Ron’s background in the catering business we would be delighted to provide training for your staff on the wines they sell and indeed help them to sell more. We know how important wine can be to your bottom line and we believe we can give you the help needed to maximise this opportunity.
Please speak to your local representative and we can arrange a meeting with our wine specialist Ron Forrestal to get the ball rolling. Looking forward to working together.