10g of hazelnuts (14 hazelnuts)
Quarter of an avocado
Drizzle of olive oil
Sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper
2x teaspoons Ballymaloe Original Relish (10gr x 2)
1x slice of ham (20g)
1x slice of chicken (28g)
Grated cheddar cheese 15g
1x large leaf of fresh sage
Handful of watercress or rocket
2x slices of sourdough
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the hazelnuts on a small baking tray and roast for 10/12
mins. Place the roasted hazelnuts in a tea towel and gather up the corners and rub vigorously
to remove the skins, separate the nuts from the skins and chop the golden-brown toasted
- Dice the avocado and place in a bowl with the roughly chopped hazelnuts, add a little drizzle
of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper then finely chop the
sage leaf and add it to the salsa.
- Take your bread and slather each side with Ballymaloe Original Relish.
- Pop on a slice of ham and top this with chicken.
- Carefully spoon the sage avocado and hazelnut salsa on top of the chicken and ham.
- Cover the salsa with a handful of rocket, sprinkle over the cheddar and close the sambo,
cut at an angle and enjoy.
Enjoy the spirit of Christmas in every bite!